Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 13-Someone You Wish Could Forgive You

Dear Taylor,

I don't know if it's even a matter of forgiving me anymore. We've grown apart, and I accept that. I don't like it, but it happened. But I do know that there was a specific point that ended the trust, the faith, in our friendship. I wasn't there for you when you needed me the most and all I can offer anymore is an apology and the lame but true excuse that I was young and sheltered. I'd be there for you now: If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't care what anyone said--you were my friend and I should have loved you no matter what. I'm sorry that I didn't see that and I'm sorry that our friendship came to an end because I was selfish and didn't know any better. I think of you often...even write on your Facebook wall sometimes, because I still care about you deeply. I know you've had a rough life, but it seems like you're in a good place now. I'd love to hear from you, if ever you feel like you need someone to listen.

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment