Thursday, July 12, 2012

Just Another Post

I've been hoping for some inspiration. I have so many thoughts and yet no profound way to write them down. So here they are--my thoughts. Just as they are. No fancy writing. No big words. Just me.

1. My clothes will never smell as good as they do when they come out of the dryer at home.

2. Staying in touch is hard work. It's so much easier to do when there is the certainty of another encounter that is in the works by outside forces. School starting, a summer job together, something like that. But with our lives suddenly going in all different directions, the uncertainty is overwhelming.

3. I'm done with the "what if"s. I could write a list a mile long of all the things I wish I had done when I was younger. No more. "What's the worst that could happen?" If I'm not willing to deal with the consequences, then I'll let it go. But if I am, then bring it on. Life has so much to offer at this point in my life. So many challenges and obstacles. Come at me, world.

4. I miss Vienna. Every day. All the time. Constantly. A turn of phrase or a sight or a song or a memory will cross my mind and I'm back. The cafe near St. Stephens. The English Bookstore. The U1 at Stephansplatz. The Opera. It's unreal how much I need to go back. Since I'm a real person now, it's all seeming more attainable. I will make it happen.

4.5 I'm afraid if I go, I'll never come back.




1 comment:

  1. I love that the Vienna picture you chose is the suburb outside of DC where I worked this spring. I miss them both equally, I think, some days. xoxo

    ReplyDelete