Monday, April 2, 2012

Luck of the Irish

Galway Girl--Steve Earle

Ireland has been on my mind lately.
It's partly the museum studies project that's looming, I'm sure. I've been Europe-sick going on two years.
But costume design has got my heart aching for old-world Ireland at the moment. My concept is 16th Century Celtic, and as I've researched through Scotland and Ireland, the memories of that incredible few days have been creeping up my mind.

Galway, the beautiful rain we encountered--the pub we ate at just to be warm for a little bit.
Temple Bar-the mecca of drinkers around the world.
The friendliness that Ireland has to offer--the joyous people that know where their country has come from, and what has been sacrificed for them to be where they are now.
The pure enjoyment and legitimate happiness you find in the people there.
And last, but not least, (cause who am I kidding if I leave this out?)--the accent. So beatiful, so crisp and clean, and melodic to listen to.
Guinness--cause it's just not the same here.
The scenery. The lakes, the hills, mountains, valleys. Rich in color and a sharp green, when you catch it in the right season. The morning fogs in the mountains are absolute magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment